Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother

I heard one of the best Mother's Day messages this week about mothers in the bible. I was particular enriched by the story Pastor Hargrove presented about Mary and the qualities he attributed her.
First he said she was able to hear God's word. (Luke 1:38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. NKJV) "Let it be to according to your word" is the same thing that we should daily say to God to remain in obedience to His will. My Mother wanted nothing less for Her children than to have everything they so desired, but She may have sometimes had a hard time in conveying this truth to us. You see we were sometimes sure that we could handle everything ourselves and who needed God, much less who really needed their mother telling them how to live their life. It is difficult to take advice from a loved one, especially your Mother. Even though we are so enlightened by our own traditions and understanding of the Word of God, sometimes a simple word of correction opens our spiritual eyes."Let it be according to your word" sometimes meant Mother had to allow God deal with us on His own. She could pray and hope for us the Best but allowing God's will to function in our lives meant also letting go. My Mother did this well. She was hard sometimes to understand, but I believe now she knew more than I gave Her credit for. She got what she wanted for me according to God's word for my life. I choose today to rededicate my life to His Word and like my mother allow things to happen God's way. I want it to be said I honored my Mother and thus My days would be long because of it.
Second my Pastor said Mary was obedient to God's Word. When the wedding at Canaan suddenly had no wine She instructed the servants to obey Jesus. John 2:5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” This sounds so easy for a Mother to instruct others to obey when you know she is talking about the Son of God, Jesus. We sometimes would like to able to justify the disobedience in our life and say Mother did not know what she was talking about, or we just believe she was totally wrong. But on further observation i discover that according to God's Word instruction comes to us and we must yield to it no matter what if it is not out of line with His Word. I rebelled against my Mother. I spoke harshly to her many times and sometimes to Her children as well. But She was obedient to God and showed me how God sees me, through Her words. She could be asked about my childhood and she said only good things, one time she even told the congregation I was perfect in every way. And if you really know me in a human sort of way, you would say she was out of her mind. But I would have to tell you she had taken on the mind of Christ when it came to Her children. When she would speak to you, it was not always peaches and cream, but when she talked about you She became our best advocate, even willing to take our transgressions with Her in death.
My Mother. I miss Her. You see this was the first Mothers Day she spent with Her Mother in Heaven. I am sure they would love to be here to tell me everything I have done wrong in this little message, but before heaven's congregation, I am just perfect.
Sounds a little like Jesus and what He does for us also. He promised to separate me from my transgressions and never to remember them against any more if I would only repent.
I repent Dear Lord Jesus and seek your will for my life, amen.
May God Bless you,
Ask Pastor Ron

If you have any questions about direction and God's word please respond and I will give you what I believe is God's Word for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment